Wrapping up 2022
We’re down to the last couple of days in 2022 and as promised, here’s our year-end update. It’s been a crazy year for all of us in crypto and we wanted to share what we’ve been up to from September to December, since our last consolidated update in late August.
To start off, here are the business learnings and decisions we’ve made over the past few months:
- We concluded that VC fundraising was a time-inefficient endeavour under current market conditions.
- We remain committed to building, at a steady and sustainable pace. We love being in this space, but to adapt to the bear market, we decided to scale down our team by about 80%. While this means that progress is slower than what we’d like, it was a necessary decision.
With the above resolved, we had a clear focus that we’re really excited about. You might already be aware that we have a genesis NFT collection in the works. We’ve been inspired by the creativity that has surfaced in the NFT market during this bear, and our objective is to push the limits of gaming NFTs (or even NFTs in general).
This translated to several rounds of iteration for the collection’s mechanics, features, tech build, narrative, and artwork. Here are just some of the collection’s features that you can look forward to:
- Enter and play with our game economy, even before the game launches
- Join a gamified, time-limited race where winners get some sweet perks
- Earn rewards and trade NFTs… within an NFT itself!
- Missed $TIME? It’s coming back.
Be sure to stay tuned for our next update because that’s when we’ll be done with production work (and when we can start revealing more details).
Many have left crypto this year as a result of LUNA, FTX and their spillover effects. We’re still building in Web3 because we’re true advocates of decentralized asset ownership. We believe that the intersection of Web3 and gaming will bring tremendous benefit to gamers, and even more so for creators within the space.
If you’re still here, there’s probably something about Web3 that you really believe in or enjoy. We hope to grow this space and make it better together with you. Let’s go, 2023! 💪
About Timeleap Industries
Timeleap Industries is a multiplayer action RPG where Survivors work to rebuild a fallen Earth. Besides an immersive lore, players can expect a different playthrough each time with classless characters, a rogue-like skills roulette and randomly generated enemy AI strategies.
Other key gameplay features include land ownership which allows players to harvest raw materials from the land they own, and a robust crafting system which promotes the unlocking of crafting recipes as a community.
Timeleap Industries is also supported by a robust ecosystem: A gamer-centric DEX, Creator Kits, an in-game economy analytics & monitoring system, and collateralized NFTs.
Join the Timeleap Industries community: Website | Twitter | Telegram | Medium